I guess I learned from a young age that often (not all the time) people don't care about what you have to say so they don't bother to listen but instead carry on their own conversations. So you're kind of left their having a conversation with yourself only vaguely aware that the others have stopped listening and are talking about something else.
Once, one of my friends pointed out that I do sometimes do this and continue telling an anecdote or whatever even if no ones listening. I thought it was interesting that he actually pointed it out, maybe because it's strange that he even noticed and maybe because it's a little impolite actually verbalise it. Even since then my wonderfully annoying friends keep pointed out when I'm "telling stories to myself". Yes it's a bit lame but as I remarked earlier, Why the Hell Shouldn't I?
No comments:
Post a Comment