Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Callum Eats an Onion

You know those days where some good things happen and some bad things happen and you're not really sure whether or not you should say that that day was a good day or a bad day?

Well, I had one of those days yesterday. It's mainly because I was rushing to finish off an essay and then the printer wasn't working off my computer so I had to go buy a new USB (because Gerarda has mine) just so I could print off 1000 words of philosophy drivel. (Drivel it was, it's probably one of the worst essays I've written. I am decidedly not keen on getting it back). Moral of the story here, kids, is that you should start an essay before the day before it's due and not still be writing on the day it's due.

On the upside however, I received a letter from my university congratulating me because they had awarded me a scholarship to help with my short-term exchange trip that I am planning to go on during the Australian summer! This is quite exciting news because the amount is enough to pretty much cover the travel costs of going to Germany (which is where the course is taking place). I mean, I still have to actually apply and be accepted to the university where the course is being held but I assume that I will get in.

On a completely separate note: Do you think you could eat an onion whole? I mean a brown onion. Not a red one. Brown ones are more potent than red ones. I have challenged my friend Callum to eat a whole onion because he claimed he could. It shall be interesting to see if this ever eventuates.


2 comments:

Gerarda said...

Hmm I think Callum probably can eat a whole onion but I don't think it will be pleasant. I asked my friend Cedric what he thought and he said "no there's no light, in the darkest of your furthest reaches," (he's a bit odd) and so I asked my other friend Cedric... but he was dead. =(

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your scholarship! If it covers the cost of flying all the way to Germany that is quite a lot of money and I am very happy for you. :) Good luck with the application process! Although I'm sure you'll get in.

Although to answer your onion question, I do not think I could eat a whole onion. I don't like onions. :p

And Dear Gerarda,
LOL. Poor Cedric, though. :(
Love, Lindsay