I saw Star Trek the other day. On Friday, actually. I quite enjoyed it, I thought it was entertaining and kept the spirit of Star Trek but wasn't nearly as cheesy as the older ones. I liked all the characters and I thought it was well done visually. I was also fairly impressed with the storyline as it turned out to be a solid, stand alone narrative and not something that merely served to cover all the in jokes from the previous Star Trek films/tv series. Yes, there was time travel and an alternate universe, but get over it people, it's sci-fi. That's what they do. Has anyone else seen it? What did you guys think?
It was quite an enjoyable evening all round, even though technically I wasn't supposed to be out, seeing as mum was away and she doesn't want us going out at night when she's away BUT I didn't know this when I organised it and I didn't have the heart to ditch the guy I was going with for such a petty reason. I mean, she'll never know (unless she reads this blog! But she won't do that) and I didn't die/get mugged or raped, so that's good.
We went for ice-cream afterwards and I discovered the wonders of hot, chocolate fudge with ice-cream and then we went to Kings Park which is a national park on Mt Eliza the hill that overlooks the city and the river. It was very pretty at night time.
Apart from all that lovely stuff, I am also stressing about some school/uni stuff. Why can't anything just be easy?
Live Long and Prosper =P
2 comments:
Ohmygod, Catherine, I cannot believe that you've never had ice cream with hot fudge! =O There's this small little ice cream place near my school, and every time we go there (I make it sound like it's all the time, but we've only been there a few times ;p) I get a brownie delight, which is your choice of ice cream with delicious brownie, hot fudge, nuts, whipped cream and a cherry (the last three are optional, really). It is simply divine. <3 If you ever come and visit me, we're going there for sure. I guarantee you'll love it.
I'm glad you had fun at the movie! I actually really wanted to see Star Trek despite not having seen any of the previous ones - actually, I quite honestly know nothing at all about Star Trek... - but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Ugh, school. I hope that gets better soon! You're on your break now, right? And then exams, and then you can relax for a while before semester two. =) YAY!
I really want to watch Star Trek. I've been hearing really good reviews about it. =)
I agree with Lindsay, I can't believe you'd never had ice cream with hot fudge before!=o <3
Lol,and I'm glad you had fun and didn't die or get mugged/raped. =);)
Post a Comment