1) Black Milk Wet Look Black Leggings - these I've had for awhile but they definitely deserve a place on this list. These are by far the best quality leggings that I have ever worn as they don't sag or fall down, they're flattering, super comfy and warm enough to wear in winter (at least in an Australian winter!). They're sturdy enough to wear on their own so to speak with a long enough top/jumper, although I know that people wear them unashamedly 'as pants' with short tops and the like. However, for me, despite the superior quality of Black Milk leggings I still can't help but feel that they look like they forgot to put something on.
2) We need to talk about Kevin a book by Lionel Shriver - this book was recently made into a film directed by Lynne Ramsay starring Tilda Swinton. I haven't seen the film but the knowledge that one was made based on it caused it to catch my eye when I was looking for a book to whilst in Melbourne. I wasn't entirely sure that I would like this book as I am an unbelievably picky reader and I wouldn't have normally drawn to this type of book. It centres around the main character Eva whose son, Kevin was the perpetrator of a high school shooting. The story is told through the letters that she writes to her ex-husband in retrospect about how Kevin and his actions before and after the shooting affected her life. I really enjoyed the structure of the narrative and found that it was an incredibly moving way to tell the story bringing an interesting perspective on such a tragic event.
3) Tom Ford Ultra Shine lip gloss in Peach Absolut - I bought this lip gloss whilst in Melbourne mostly for two reasons, 1) the only places you can buy it in Australia is at David Jones in Melbourne or Sydney and 2) The Tom Ford lipstick I bought from the first beauty collection that Tom Ford released is possibly the best lipstick I have ever tried and I heard the lip gloss was of the same calibre. It was because of these two reasons that I shelled out the $60 (AUD) for this lip gloss which, let's face it is beyond ridiculous (the lipstick is $65, if you're wondering). But I felt like treating myself and I was not disappointed. I don't normally wear lipgloss because it's sticky and more often than not has glitter in it, which I hate. But this is perfect, its formula is non-sticky, non-drying and it has no glitter just a natural sheen. The shade a bought is a perfect peach shade, pink with a decent hint of orange which is one of my favourite shades to wear on the lips.
4) Travalo Refillable Perfume Atomiser - this is a refillable, travel-sized perfume spray-bottle that you buy empty and fill up with your own perfume so you can take it anywhere. This is possibly one of the greatest inventions of all time for perfume lovers such as I. There are no more words needed to describe the awesomeness of this product.
This is a pretty short list but nevermind, I tend to go for quality over quantity anyway.
Have a great weekend!
2) We need to talk about Kevin a book by Lionel Shriver - this book was recently made into a film directed by Lynne Ramsay starring Tilda Swinton. I haven't seen the film but the knowledge that one was made based on it caused it to catch my eye when I was looking for a book to whilst in Melbourne. I wasn't entirely sure that I would like this book as I am an unbelievably picky reader and I wouldn't have normally drawn to this type of book. It centres around the main character Eva whose son, Kevin was the perpetrator of a high school shooting. The story is told through the letters that she writes to her ex-husband in retrospect about how Kevin and his actions before and after the shooting affected her life. I really enjoyed the structure of the narrative and found that it was an incredibly moving way to tell the story bringing an interesting perspective on such a tragic event.
3) Tom Ford Ultra Shine lip gloss in Peach Absolut - I bought this lip gloss whilst in Melbourne mostly for two reasons, 1) the only places you can buy it in Australia is at David Jones in Melbourne or Sydney and 2) The Tom Ford lipstick I bought from the first beauty collection that Tom Ford released is possibly the best lipstick I have ever tried and I heard the lip gloss was of the same calibre. It was because of these two reasons that I shelled out the $60 (AUD) for this lip gloss which, let's face it is beyond ridiculous (the lipstick is $65, if you're wondering). But I felt like treating myself and I was not disappointed. I don't normally wear lipgloss because it's sticky and more often than not has glitter in it, which I hate. But this is perfect, its formula is non-sticky, non-drying and it has no glitter just a natural sheen. The shade a bought is a perfect peach shade, pink with a decent hint of orange which is one of my favourite shades to wear on the lips.
4) Travalo Refillable Perfume Atomiser - this is a refillable, travel-sized perfume spray-bottle that you buy empty and fill up with your own perfume so you can take it anywhere. This is possibly one of the greatest inventions of all time for perfume lovers such as I. There are no more words needed to describe the awesomeness of this product.
This is a pretty short list but nevermind, I tend to go for quality over quantity anyway.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment