I went to see the Hannah Montana movie today. No, I'm not joking. It actually wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, there was a lot less stupid jokes than the sitcom-style tv series and best of all, NO ANNOYING LAUGHTER TRACK. Of course it was cheesy and sentimental and quite ridiculous, but let's face it, this is a multi-million dollar franchise that operates on the premise that one astromically famous 15-year-old singer/co-song writer can keep her ordinary alto-ego a secret from everyone except her close family and best friend, we're clearly not talking reality here.
What I didn't like about the movie was that the whole premise of Hannah Montana having the 'best of both' worlds, is just so dull. I mean, if I was a ten-year-old looking for something to plaster my walls with I wouldn't want my main obsession to be a highly made-up (in every sense), somewhat talented teen who pretends to be 'normal' on school days. There's just no edge, no peril. Just a hoedown with a back up singers. I mean even Spy Kids had me more on the edge of my seat than Hannah. But maybe I'm just getting old.
I'm listening to Chameleon Circuit right now. I must admit I was skeptical of the whole Trock thing but this album is shaping up to be really quite entertaining. It's also mixed really well plus the album cover design looks awesome.
You know who I also like? Tom Milsom. www.youtube.com/hexachordal
I should go to bed now. It's almost 11.
No comments:
Post a Comment