Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm Craving Spongecake

I'm craving spongecake. I really am. I'm so hungry and dinner's a little way off, so obviously I'm going to crave spongecake, with it's jam and cream and fluffly cake-ness. Yum.

On to more serious things. Or not. I want a new laptop for the sole reason that my laptop is too clunky and heavy to carry around. I also want a faster more efficient laptop, I'm ready to upgrade from this "adequate for secondary school students" model and get a flash "I'm a uni student and oh-so-hip and technically oriented" model. I don't know whether I'll get a Macbook or a new PC. Basically, I'll just be looking for value for money in terms what specs I can get for what amount. I'll probably just get anothet PC because I'm used to them, they're a hell of a lot less expensive and easier to get fixed. Then again, I don't know because I haven't really done any serious looking yet. I probably won't until the beginning of next year, when I know my study/travel situation.

That's all for now, I think I'll go post a link to this in the "Dear..." thread on MOFFIA. I don't get comments otherwise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think you should get a PC, but I'm probably biased because I absolutely hate Macs. Not only are they a million times more expensive, they're not worth it. The navigation (i.e. the mouse pad and whatnot) tools are hard to get used to and they organise things weird on their system. If you decide to get a Mac, you should probably wait until summer so you can aquaint yourself with the system and not having to worry about not finding your files or whatever. Your summer is coming up relatively quickly, though, so... You won't have to wait long, especially since you're doing research, anyway.

I hope that was helpful in the slightest.