Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Standing on Buses can be Hazardous to your Health

The other day whilst I was making my way to uni I unfortnately had to stand on the 100 bus that goes from the train station to the uni bus port. Unfortunately, I was one of the last people on the bus, which was already quite full. This meant instead being able to sit, I was forced to stand. Standing on crowded public transport is generally not fun and often hazardous, especially when one is forced to stand on a bus because they stop suddenly, turn corners sharply and accelerate in ways that shouldn't not be allowed for vehicles of that size. So there I was clutching the inconvient poles and hanging handle things for dear life, shifting my balance awkwardly using my knowledge of physics to try to (unsuccessfully) counteract the lurches of the huge bus. All the time hoping that I wouldn't fall into the person in front of me and make and ass of myself by dropping the contents of my bag all over the bus.

I feel that they need a priority seat for people like me with terrible balance. It would save me a lot of stress. =P

No comments: