Monday, April 11, 2011

Textbooks Galore

I decided that I should probably write a blog to justify all the time I have been procrastinating this afternoon.

It's fair to say that BEDA is about quantity, not quality.

Today I went to the Co-op bookshop which is the textbook/book/stationery store on campus because I needed to buy some new pens. I also then remembered that I needed a small note book and some small post- notes. And THEN as I was lining up to pay for my purchases I remembered that I wanted to buy a German Grammar Study guide that was unavailable on the Book Depository so I went and got that one too. So even though I aimed to go into the Co-op and spend aprox. $7 on 2 new blue pens I came out having spent almost $60. Which is kind of lame but it was all stuff that I needed so I guess it's not too bad. I have bought a huge amount of textbooks this semester seeing as in History of Political Science we are required to read heaps of historical political theories by Hobbes, Plato, Machiavelli and so on. They are pretty cheap books but still I'm running out of space for all of them! And I just placed and order for another three books.

I'm reading so much political theory that I barely have time to read anything else. We actually have midsem on Thursday which I need to study for but I'm procrastinating because I haven't thought of an efficient way to do so yet. I also really have to start my Linguistics assignment which will probably be done mostly on the break.

No comments: