Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ANZAC Day.. or my excuse to do be unproductive and do nothing

I had neither work nor uni today. This is something that does not happen often. Only every second weekend actually but today was the exception because it was ANZAC Day. ANZAC day is a public holiday where most things are closed including my university and my place of work. Which is great because it means I can stay home ALL DAY. Which is what I did.

My boyfriend made me bacon and scrambled eggs the way that a French lady taught him.
We watched the 2nd and 3rd episodes of the new season of Game of Thrones.
Then my boyfriend left because he had study to do which left me to procrastinate all by myself.
I discovered that I still have a whole bunch of msn conversations saved to my computer from 2010. Awkward. I'm not sure whether I should delete them because it seems completely pointless to keep them now. They don't serve a purpose and aren't particularly entertaining. I mean, you wouldn't   want to relive every mundane conversation that you've had with a person whom you're usually only talking to out of politeness or out of boredom, would you?

At the same time though I have posts on here that date back to 2008/2009 (I think). Most of which I've typed out of boredom too. I wonder if I printed off all the posts on here it would make an adequate memoir? Could I publish it and make lots of money?

I seriously doubt it since I think a spike in viewership on here is when I get 8 viewers a day on the whole blog.

I think I have become a shopaholic, I never used to shop but now it seems I can't stop, I'm currently waiting on two parcels in the mail. Maybe it's just a mood that has grabbed me or because I am currently working in a department store surrounded by a whole bunch of shiny new stuff and people wanting shiny new stuff. Only the catch is none of the shiny new stuff is stuff I want or need to buy. So it seems I take it out on the internet armed with my paycheck and the ease of button clicking.

I can't wait until the holidays when I get to go to Melbourne. It should be great. Not really for the shopping so much as the great feeling of being in a different place and seeing things I don't normally see everyday. It sounds like a huge cliche nowadays, but I do love to travel.


No comments: